"...by small and simple things are great things brought to pass..."

Alma 37:6

Monday, November 11, 2013

Article of Faith Song #12

The Twelfth Article of Faith - CS p. 131

Materials:

Lesson Plan
  1. Ask if anyone can recite the 12th Article of Faith
    (I read it to them if no one volunteers)
  2. Give a simplified explanation of each phrase
    (I ask if anyone knows what each phrase means before giving my simplified version)
  • "We believe in being subject to" 
    • (simplified: We believe that we follow)
  • "kings, presidents, rulers and magistrates," 
    • (simplified: Different kinds of leaders for a country)
  • "in obeying, honoring and sustaining the law."
    • (simplified: Follow and obey the law)
     3.  Show AoF picture and briefly explain it and how it can help us remember
          what the 12th AoF is about
     4.  Play "Singing Simon" (basically a musical memory game):

  • (First I asked if anyone had played the game Simon, and told them we were going to play Singing Simon, and I held up my picture of the game while we did it.)  This is played like the game "Simon" where it plays a musical pattern and you have to repeat it back. It starts with one note, and continues to add to what you have already learned to see how much you can remember of the pattern.  I sang bits of the song to the kids and had them copy me and I would add a little more each time and sometimes go back and just do the first phrase or something shorter to make sure they were still listening.  I guess it's basically a simple twist on the "repeat after me" gig.  But instead of just doing one phrase each time I would keep adding to what we had already sung, if that makes sense...

No comments:

Post a Comment